If you’re considering switching to a hybrid to save on fuel consumption or lower carbon emissions, watch this video from Good Housekeeping first. There are a number of things you can do to maximize fuel efficiency in your current car and extend the life of your engine and other car parts, and you’ll learn a couple quick tips from this video.
Because basic car maintenance is vital to keeping your car in great health, bring your car in to Brake Specialists Plus for the best auto maintenance in Austin.
We’ll help you with all the auto maintenance you need to make your care environmentally friendly, including car tune ups, brake repair, wheel alignment, and strut replacement. To learn more, visit Brake Specialists Plus online or call (512) 795-4066.
Brake Specialists is the ONLY place in town I will take my car for brake work. They gave me an honest estimate in very little time, recommended a package for me, and performed the work faster than estimated at a lower price than estimated. On top of all this, they had free 10 Mbps Wi-Fi in a nice waiting area. Perfect for an Austin tech...
First this cudos to the owners they did a remarkable job with the renovations inside beautiful and that is a nice and bathroom,how many times can you say this about an auto shop. Mr Perez was very nice and polite to me and my fiance he explained what we were told by bmw was not needed at this time we did need brakes and were shown what was left...
Proper wheel alignment is crucial to ensuring that you are able to drive safely, maximize fuel efficiency, prevent brake problems, and prolong the lifespan of your tires. But how do you know if your wheel alignment is off? Here are the top three signs that you may have a wheel alignment problem that requires repair.
1. Off-Center Steering Wheel
Your steering wheel should be aligned perfectly with the wheels on your car so that when you are driving straight, your steering wheel is centered. If you notice that your steering wheel is slightly askew when you are driving straight ahead, then there is a problem with the alignment. You may also notice that your steering wheel does not feel very responsive, and does not return to center quickly after making a turn in your car.
2. Pulling or Wandering
Most paved roads are designed to have a slight grade to the right so that rain water and snow drain off the road. If a car has proper wheel alignment, it may drift slightly to the right. However, if it is pulling or wandering quickly to either side, your alignment needs to be readjusted.
3. Excessive Tire Wear
Tires which are overly worn on one edge are indicative of an alignment problem. Uneven tire wear occurs when your wheels are not perfectly parallel. This causes your wheels to work against each other while trying to propel your car forward.
If you are experiencing any of these signs of poor wheel alignment, then come to Brake Specialists Plus. We provide a variety of excellent auto maintenance and repair services including wheel alignment, brake repair, car tune ups, and strut replacement. For more information, visit Brake Specialist Plus online or call (512) 795-4066.
1. Crank up the heat: Your AC makes your engine work harder, but your heater actually pulls heat away from your engine. This is why your car has to warm up before your heater works. Turn up the heat and you'll help cool down your engine.
2. Give your car a break: Pull off the road and give your engine some time to cool down. If there's steam coming from under your hood, wait until it dies down and then pop the hood to allow more air to cool your engine.
3. Check your overflow tank: Check the clear plastic tank near your radiator for coolant overflow. If it's empty, that may indicate that you have a leak somewhere in the system. You'll also want to check underneath your car to see if there's any water leaking onto the ground. This should also be a part of your basic maintenance.
4. Get your car to the shop: When your car's engine overheats, you're putting a great deal of added stress on the system and can permanently damage your engine. A tune-up will help get you back on the road safely.
An engine that overheats is a danger to you and the other motorists on the road. Don't put off having your car examined. If you're experiencing a problem with your cooling system, or need brake repair, wheel alignment or strut replacement, bring your car to Brake Specialists Plus. You can reach us at (512) 795-4066 or visit any of our 13 convenient locations.